- Considered eligible for Accreditation by SAQS of AMDISA (2007)
- UGC, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India recognized NMIMS as Deemed-to-be-University (2003).
- First among the Mumbai’s Management Institutes to earn recognition by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) in 1992.
- Bombay Management Association has repeatedly awarded NMIMS as the Best Management School and several of its faculty members as the Best Teachers.
- Association of Indian University (AIU) certified its autonomous PGDBA courses equivalent to MBA.
- Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra
- ISO 9001:2000 certified.
- Recipient of Golden Peacock Innovation Award, given by the Institute of Directors for 2 consecutive years 2006-07 and 2007-08
In 1988-89 & 1989-90 NMIMS won the coveted ‘Taj Rolling Trophy’ organized by the Indian Hotels Company Ltd for the second consecutive year.
The Bombay Management Association awarded NMIMS the Best Management Institute of the year for consecutive 3 years 2000-01,2002-03 & 2004-05